Freedom – Chrome-Free Ticino Leather
Designed by Niels Diffrient
Humanscale is the leading designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve the health and comfort of work life. The Freedom Chair is voted “The Gold Standard in Office Seating” by New York Times.
- Revolutionary counter-balance mechanism provides perfect recline resistance for all users–automatically
- Synchronous armrests move up and down together and stay with you during recline for supported balance
- Independently adjustable seat, backrest and optional headrest fit virtually any body size
- Dynamic headrest cradles head and neck during recline and moves out of the way in upright positions
- Made of recycled material, Niels Diffrient eliminated unnecessary traditional recline mechanism parts which can be bulky
Luxurious, elegant and enduring, Humanscale’s chrome–free leather Ticino are better for the user and the environment. Manufactured without chromium, a harmful chemical used in most methods for tanning leathers. Instead, synthetic vegetable tanning and clear water technology are used to ensure the leathers are free from heavy metals, reducing the risk of causing harm to the environment during production and to the end user as a finished product. The result is a premium leather that exceeds industry standards in performance and durability.
As one of the first manufacturers to exclusively offer chrome–free leather for their seating line, Humanscale is committed to using materials and manufacturing processes that are safe and sustainable.
Weight : 22.3kg (49.1 lbs.)
Width : 690mm (27.25”)
Base Width : 635mm (25”)
Dimension : As per diagram below
Armrest: Standard Duron Arms
Frame: Polished Aluminium with Graphite Trim
Upholstery : Chrome-free leather Ticino